Baked Pear Porridge with Candied Walnuts
Goldrush pears are perfect for baking and cooking with. They’re sweet, juicy and grown right here in WA. The baked pear and candied walnuts make a great dessert topping for yoghurt too!
- 1 Goldrush pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tbspn maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 100ml water
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange pear slices over the baking tray and drizzle with 2 tspns of the maple syrup. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Put the oats, milk and water in a small sauce pan. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 mins until thick and creamy. Stir through the cinnamon.
4. Remove the cooked pears from the oven, top the pear slices with the walnuts and drizzle with the remaining maple syrup. Bake for another 5 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
5. Divide the porridge between two bowls and top with the baked pear and walnuts. Serve immediately.